Brightening the Future: Grimson and Sons Jewellery and Misfit Diamonds Raffle for Covenant House
Grimson & Sons Jewellers and Misfit Diamonds have teamed up to create two beautiful pieces and a specialty master class in support of Covenant House Vancouver.
The Brightening the Future Raffle 2022 runs from Dec 7th–22nd and offers three prizes with a total value of over $7,500. All proceeds go directly to providing food, shelter, clothing, and counselling for some of Vancouver’s most vulnerable youth.
As local Vancouver businesses, Grimson & Sons and Misfit Diamonds are deeply invested in the community. Holding Covenant House’s mission close to the heart, they hope to give back meaningfully to a cause that has supported the city greatly.
Tickets available at: https://covenanthouseraffle.rafflenexus.com/
Purchase deadline: Thursday, December 22, 2022, at 12:00 p.m.
Draw date: Thursday, December 22, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
PRIZE 1 — 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Necklace
1 Winner | $6,150 Value
The perfect gift for the holiday season, this custom-made, 18K Yellow Gold Necklace has a shield step cut diamond set on a double-layered triangle pendant. Locally handmade and hand-assembled in Vancouver, BC, at the Grimson & Sons Atelier, this 0.52ct Diamond is donated by the Vancouver Misfit Diamonds team and ethically sourced from the Gahcho Kué Diamond Mine located on the Canadian tundra in the Northwest Territories—graded as E colour, SI2 clarity, good polish, good symmetry, and good proportions.
• 18K Yellow Gold Rollo Chain manufactured in Italy with a lobster clasp
• 0.52ct Shield Step Cut Diamond
• 19.50 inches in total length
• 6.84 grams in total weight
• High-polished finish
• Stamped in 18K and with Grimson & Sons Jewellers’ trademark
PRIZE 2 — 14K Yellow Gold Salt and Pepper Diamond Earrings
1 Winner | $775 Value
Beautiful, hand-crafted, 14K Yellow Gold, Salt and Pepper, Round Diamond Stud Earrings.
• 14K Yellow Gold
• 2x 0.16ct Round Brilliant Cut Salt and Pepper Diamonds (Total carat weight 0.32ct)
• Each earring consists of a 4-claw, tapered, round-wire, double-gallery setting
• Standard easy-to-use earring posts and butterfly backs
PRIZE 3 — Jewellery Master Class
1 Winner | $600 Value
A 4-hour workshop focused on creating a custom ring with Grimson and Sons Jewellers’ owner and master goldsmith, David French.
• 1-on-1 Master Class
• Two options: forging a ring in metal OR wax carving of a ring to be cast in silver
• A variety of traditional techniques shown using original machinery and equipment from the 1940s
• Location: Grimson & Sons Jewellers’ #430 - 470 Granville Street, Vancouver
Cost of tickets:
- Single Ticket for $20
- 5-Ticket Pack for $50 ($10/ticket)
- 15-Ticket Pack for $100 ($6.60/ticket)
About Covenant House
Covenant House Vancouver’s purpose is to serve all youth with relentless support, absolute respect, and unconditional love, helping youth experiencing homelessness and protecting and safeguarding all youth in need.
Covenant House provides a safe haven from the hardships of homelessness and recognizes the fundamental worth of every human being, creating a safe setting where all youth – regardless of life experience or identity – are served without judgement.
About Misfit Diamonds
Offering wholesale alternative and traditional diamonds, Misfit Diamonds is committed to bringing products with documented origins to market to create transparency and amplify the demand for ethical labour practices within the diamond industry.
For media inquiries or interviews please contact:
Grimson & Sons Jewellers Ltd.
Erica Kirkham / David French
#430 - 470 Granville St.
Vancouver, BC V6C 1V4